Tuesday, December 18, 2012

it's that time again

It's the time of year when we eat until we can't breathe, spend hours unwrapping gifts, and everyone just seems to be in a better mood. It's Christmas time.

I honestly can't believe how fast the end of the year got here. I've been married for over a month now, which was a time I felt would never come.

Our wedding was personal and beautiful and we were surrounded by all the people that mean the most to us. Our honeymoon was peaceful, fun, but exhausting a well.

While Christmas is exactly a week away from today, I am still trying to cope with the distance that getting married has wedged into my relationship with my daddy. I just don't have time to call him everyday like I used to, and the hour drive becomes too far too quick when I only have one day off that week. Not to mention conflicting schedules. I am thankful for the time that I do spend with him or talking to him, but "growing up" gets harder every day. And I know what you are thinking "boohoo, pity party for the girl who has it all" that's not what I mean. I guess it's just a little harder to manage that I thought.

On top of that, Mikey is already living in Kentucky, Caroline is moving to Nashville soon, and Alicia is already I'm Greenville to be moving to another state soon. These are my best friends and while I am happy for all they are doing and have already accomplished I don't want them moving away! I'm greedy I know.. Everyone move into my neighborhood and never leave my side.

I guess it's just sad to me and I don't know what to do. I have baby fever like crazy. But I'm trying to figure out if I am actually ready for a baby or if I am doing it to fill the gap from my friends moving away. That doesn't make much sense to anyone else, but at least it makes sense to me. I don't expect anyone to understand.

On a lighter note. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays (of course) and I'm really excited thinking about getting the festivities under way. We are actually cramming everything into 4 days so that ought to be interesting/exhausting. I love spending time with my family though. Presents are great, but breakfast with the family is better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.


Also, if the world ends at least I will die happy.